Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Swirls (Marty)


Leave in a car, on a boat, on a plane...get in and go, get on and go, get by and go. My head just swirls...where to? what for? why now? I love my friends. I love my husband. I feel the need for something...anything...but...swirl, swirl, swirl.

I think I get like this whenever I go too long without performing. Something about it stabilizes me, lets me concentrate on someone else's fictional life, see the good in my own, be graceful. The need to develop a character like me, not me. I am a hopeless character, let's face it...a wanderer by nature, if only in desire. I want to see to believe, hear to learn, feel to love...all of which I can do without restriction when I am on the stage. No judgments await...faults and charm are not mine but hers...she dances or floats or trips or ages or lies.....

and I am fine. My self returns. Be not me to be me. Dustin Hoffman once said he would perform in community theatre for the rest of his life if that is the only place he could play. Some people believe that you are your occupation...the one that pays the bills. But when people ask me what I do, I reply "I am an actor. It is what I do for my life, not my livelihood." The passionate understand me...

2 comments:

L said...

Dang Girl! Is that hot tamale a picture of you???

Ohh, you got my latent theatre blood boiling. How irresistible you make it all seem. Now I know the solution to all my yearnings and burnings, if only I had your balls...

The world is a better/safer place with you on the stage. However, if your wanderlust needs a direction I stand with open arms in Vacationland.

Linda

Marty said...

Thanks!! And I *love* the one on your profile...check the pic of me I added to "Soundtracks" and I updated my profile too.
M--