Saturday, November 8, 2008

Mommy Drinks (Alessandra)

I'm so fried so all you're going to get is run-on sentences. Run-away sentences. Yes Maine seems like a dream now, but maybe too lucid since bringing a newborn (party foul!) I didn't get absolutely polluted. Shopping spree at the guns ammo wedding dress store. I so wanted to put my Maine Terrorists Hunting Permit bumpersticker next to an Obama 08 bumpersticker but G. won't let me put anything on the car. Beautiful weather cool air piney smells campfire hissing and clicking like a living thing. A big fat moon looming over the lake like a window onto another world. Next year all media devices will be confiscated except for the requisite midnight call to S. Or maybe he could be beamed in via hologram for a guest appearance. Racing wild turkeys (the bird kind not the liquor kind) at 12 mph down a backroad trying to keep baby asleep waiting for Herself to open the door. Swimming in the lake all but the rudimentary brain stem shut down just soaking up the sun like plant life and feeling your heart thump in your chest against the almost-shocking cold of the water. Delicious burritos that were I am ashamed to say pretty healthy. Whose freeking idea was that? At least it was counterbalanced by a lipsmacking pesto eating session in the car in the parking lot of the store. Well hey it's a rental. I love that. I also learned a lot about moisturizer. Seriously, not being facetious. Reality check for the sad sack. Well there i jumped into the blog lake. Little cold, little slimy but not so bad.

4 comments:

L said...

My God! I had forgotten about the swimming!!! I think what we experienced was probably called "pre-hypothermia"! I am proud of us (and by us I mean Alessandra and I. I think Marty's southern blood would have just stopped flowing, good thing she had to hold the baby) all over again. Are you serious? Whose idea were the burritos??? Let's see, Linda who tries to avoid sugar, preservatives, and things with names that sound like nulcear bomb's middle names. Or Marty...who auspiciously did not cook anything probably because she was secretly thinking "Dang girls, I didn't want no food you couldn't microwave, y'all go on and Martha Stewart it up!" (LOVE! MARTY!)

Al, I'm so proud of you, you done good girl.

Marty said...

Yes, I may have "auspiciously" not cooked anything...but I am "auspiciously" the only person who CLEANED ANYTHING!!! Ya'll wouldn't have had a clean dish to cook fabulous breakfasts and burritos in if it weren't for me. Credit where due, please...ahem.

Alessandra said...

i bet that Southern accent isn't real either! So what took you people so long to make up your minds? Y'all waiting for Miss Marty to put on her face and get to the polls?

Marty said...

Well some of us don't have perfectly dark hair and features and beautiful olive colored skin, Alessandra. Some of us are pasty and blotchy and need MASCARA. I'd think it'd be worth it to you to wait an extra five minutes to find out which way we went, just to not have an ugly Amazon with you.