Friday, April 20, 2012

Rock-N-Roll Fantasy: Phase 2?? Complete.

For your reference, please refer to "Phase 1" of above said Fantasy. Here, some two years later, is an update for you.

I am in a new band. Chasin' Jasons. Marion is in it with me. We are a five-piece, four of whom are lead vocalists for an always entertaining "guess-who?" game. But here is the kicker -- I am the keyboard player.

Holy Hell. We are still in the practice stages, and our first gig together will be on 6/23 for a private party. I am torn between sheer terror and - well, milder sheer-er terror. But hey? Now I can honestly say that I haven't let fear of failure rule my adult mentality...and if I'm beheld as a fool, then I'm a fool in a rock band. I can live with that.

L, I am so proud of you for running a marathon that I almost burst from the swell of it. I always knew you had it in you. Maybe one day I can....run....ah, who am I kidding. "We" don't run.

Al, your babies look like Little Women. My sister's boy is 8 months now. How time flies by like a cannon ball...

My father, 5 days before his 23rd wedding anniversary, and 13 days before  his 76th birthday, has moved into an assisted living facility. His mind is....locked in dementia. My very strong stepmom has cared for him as well as anyone could have expected her to, but in the end the butcher knife episode and the gas-stove fright finally convinced her it was time. Surreal, talking to him now.

So anywhoozits -- It has been more than two years since our kindred souls met up in the same location, and I believe it's time. Ideas anyone? Love and miss you...... M

1 comment:

L said...

Marty, Marty, Marty. I just tripped across this! How am I not on the notifications of posts list? I only have a minute, but I am beyond proud of you. You give me hope that our secret dreams can be realized after 40. One of my secret dreams is to hear you sing with a band live, I hope to fulfill it soon. The world is a better place to have your amazing voice filling rooms. We must plan, hatch...I have to admit that the longing to see you both around my firepit is ever increasing. To have one more back to home base. I have a feeling we won't have to convince you around the fire too much this time! You amaze.